I was planning to do a wrap-up post of my visit to San Francisco this week, but something bigger and potentially more exciting has taken precedence. I’ll be hosting the first-ever group Chocolatour to Switzerland March 29-April 8th, 2014, and wanted to be sure to reach as many of my contacts as possible about this, because the travel agent needs your deposit by January 20th if you’d like to join us.
UPDATE: UNFORTUNATELY, WE HAVE HAD TO POSTPONE THIS TRIP UNTIL A LATER DATE. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN A CHOCOLATOUR WITH DOREEN, SEND HER AN E-MAIL AND WE’LL PLAN SOMETHING IN THE FUTURE.
Many people have said to me that they’d like to join me on a chocolate excursion. This is your chance! The travel agent in Switzerland has worked closely with Journey’s Travel in Winnipeg to put together a tremendous itinerary with these highlights:
March 30 – April 2 – Lucerne – Hotel Waldstätterhof
April 2 – 4 – Lausanne – Hotel Agora Swiss Night
April 4 – 8 – Zurich – Hotel Helmhaus
Included in our Chocolatour:
- Accommodation as mentioned above including breakfast, service charge & taxes
- Mar 29 – Travel to Switzerland
- Mar 30 – Private transfer from Zurich airport to Lucerne via scenic Albis pass
- Mar 31 – Private guide for walking tour of Lucerne
- Mar 31 – Private chocolate tasting at Max Chocolatier
- April 1 – Private guide for full day
- April 1 – First class train from Lucerne to Engelberg and return
- April 1 – Tickets to Mount Titlis
- April 1 – Private visit to cheese dairy in Engelberg
- April 1 – Tasting at cheese dairy incl. cheese, bread and 1 glass of white wine
- April 2 – Private transfer from Lucerne to Lausanne
- April 3 – Private guide for full day
- April 3 – Private motor coach for excursion to Montreux and Lavaux vineyards
- April 3 – Private castle guide at Chillon castle
- April 3 – Entrance fees to Chillon castle
- April 3 – Private wine tasting with snacks at Domaine du Daley
- April 4 – Private transfer from Lausanne to Zurich via Gruyères
- April 4 – Entrance fees to Cailler chocolate factory in Broc
- April 4 – Creation of own chocolate at Cailler chocolate factory
- April 5 – Private motor coach for excursion to Basel
- April 5 – Private visit at Beschle with tour, tasting and creation of of own chocolate
- April 6 – Visit to the International Chocolate Salon in Zurich
- April 7 – Free day in Zurich and optional chocolate touring with Doreen
- April 8 – Private transfer from hotel to Zurich airport
Sorry, guys. This is a ladies-only tour. In the future, we may do Chocolatours for both men and women. Let me know if you’re interested.
And ladies: Please visit this site to see the detailed itinerary and to contact Sheila Rempel to register for the tour. Deadline to place your deposit is January 20th, so please don’t wait. It is likely to sell out soon as we are deliberately making this a small group.
Join us back here the week of December 16th for our next new post.